The Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II is undoubtedly one of the excellent lenses that would suit almost all the needs that a photographer– whether professional or otherwise – would look ahead to. Forming part of an all-powerful range of zoom lenses from Canon, the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II promises to be one of the best in its class. The lens comes under the category of the most in-demand portrait and telephoto zoom lenses you would find from Canon. If, however, you are not able to see it for your area, maybe you would look for the choices to the camera. We will list out the best budget Canon 70-200 F 2.8 IS II alternatives in today’s post.
The Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS Mark II – An Overview
The Canon Lens tends to be one of the best of its kind and offers you a faster f 2.8 aperture. It would be the best one for the low light advantage. In addition to the low light performance, you would also tend to get a better Image Stabilisation. In fact, this one is the distinguishing feature of the lens in comparison to the other competing products.
The lenses are the best in its class, but what may put you off from deciding to purchase one would be its expensive price tag. Of course, if you want quality, you should be ready to shell out that much money. Even then, if you are indeed on a tight budget, maybe the best we would suggest would be to look for the alternatives.
Budget Canon 70-200 F 2.8 IS II Alternatives
Without going into much details of the incumbent lens, we would attempt to find the alternatives you can look for budget glasses.
Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS Mk I
Check on Amazon Price – [amazon_link asins=’B0033PRWSW’ template=’PriceLink’ store=’foi04-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’700c370a-6b04-11e8-869d-7d7e31ccaf6e’]
The lens treats itself to be a capable upgrade on the Canon EF series of lenses. It packs in almost everything you would look for in a telephoto and zoom lens.
Some of the features we would appreciate on the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS Mk I include –
- The lens is indeed quite robust to handle everything you throw at it.
- It comes with 23 lenses in 19 groups. The list consists of one fluorite and 5 UD lenses.
- The lenses would offer you a 34 degree – a 12-degree diagonal angle of view
- You have access to the next gem Optical Image stabilization with the lens.
You may check out the lens from Amazon.
Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM
Check on Amazon, Price – [amazon_link asins=’B003HC8V9A’ template=’PriceLink’ store=’foi04-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’0d79142e-6b04-11e8-96ca-61705b75331f’]
The Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM compares quite well with the incumbent lenses from Canon. The name itself should provide you a bright idea about the effectiveness and the features it has in comparison to the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS Mark II.
Some features worth the mention would be –
- The large aperture lens should provide you striking zoom telephoto lens features.
- It comes with Hyper Sonic Motor and Optical Stabiliser.
- The Optical stabilizer feature would help you protect damaged shots due to camera shake.
- The lenses are made from the high-quality water-resistant
- You get a precision design backpack for storing the lenses.
You would also get a six-piece cleaning kit as well.
You may get it from Amazon.
Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 VC Di USD
Check on Amazon Price – [amazon_link asins=’B01MZIGOV9′ template=’PriceLink’ store=’foi04-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’a4e089c9-6b04-11e8-aa61-9d74f3dad014′]
If you are looking for the sharper images and an excellent Bokeh effects, the Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 VC Di USD should be an attractive alternative for your requirements. The weather sealing and optical image stabilization are a couple of features you would indeed fall in love with the lens.
A few salient features that we would like to share with you include –
- The lens offers you a faster autofocus functionality compared to other similar products.
- You can be assured of a higher performance optical design.
- The price point and the features should make it an excellent option.
- The low cost of the lens should make it an excellent device in its own right.
You may check them out at Amazon.
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
Check on Amazon Price – [amazon_link asins=’B004DPQ1RY’ template=’PriceLink’ store=’foi04-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’2fd61dd6-6b05-11e8-b397-9d8ad3ae2e8f’]
The lens can be one of the best options for the telephoto zoom lens functionality you would look ahead for and should suit the amateur photographers. It does come with a glass filter set with the pack enhancing your photography experience.
A few of the exciting features that we would like with the telephoto lenses can be summarised as –
- You have access to two UD ultra-low dispersion glass elements for enhanced sharpness
- The L series weather and dust sealing so that you would be able to shoot in harsher conditions.
- Enhanced design and streamlined ergonomics would make it an excellent option for all your photography needs.
- Lenses have been designed for enhanced protection against ghosting and flare.
- The enhanced optical image stabilization ensures that any camera shake would not affect the quality of your images.
Interested? Would you want to give it a thought? Check them out at Amazon.
The Concluding Thoughts
Are you a professional photographer? The IS or Image stabilization is what you would need for a compelling sports photography. In fact, if you are looking for shooting anything that has a faster movement ( and that would include sports and other action sequences), you would indeed look for a lens that has an excellent zoom and image stabilization functionalities.
In fact, the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS Mark II should be one of the best lenses for those purposes. Weddings, sports photography, wildlife photography, and portraits are a few areas where you would find them practical and useful in many ways. However, they are a little expensive, and that could be one of the reasons you may not be comfortable with it. The alternatives we have listed here should go a long way in helping you find the best features equivalent to the incumbent lenses.
Have you used any of the lenses we have featured here? If yes, do share your thoughts about the functionality and your experiences with them. Also, share your views about any other alternatives you may have observed. That would help us choose the lenses that meet our needs quite wisely.