Panasonic GX7 is one of the best cameras in the Micro Four Thirds category you have if you are a professional photographer or someone who is interested in the beautiful world of photography in whatever capacity. The telephoto compatibility is what we would treat youselves as one of the excellent features of the camera in tune with the needs that photographers around us have. From that perspective, we thought of listing out the best telephoto lens for Panasonic GX7. Here is our list of top picks for the best telephoto lenses you can buy for your Panasonic masterpiece.
Panasonic GX7 – An Overview
Panasonic GX7 is indeed a great camera with advanced features you would expect from a camera of that genre. Some of the best features that it packs in are a tilting electronic viewfinder, high-end WiFi functionality, and a touchscreen LCD.
The camera is capable of capturing outstanding videos and still images. A reasonable pricing and an all-around performance are what would make it your best bet for all your photography requirements. We would consider it to be one of the excellent alternatives for the DSLRs out there.
Why Should You Need a Telephoto Lens?
The telephoto lenses have been growing favorite among the professional and amateurs alike. They enhance your photography experiences beyond expectations.
What is a Telephoto Lens? Well, it is a lens with a broader reach and allows you take a photograph of the object quite far away. They magnify the subject in your frame. A telephoto lens with zoom capability would indeed be what a professional photographer would cherish.
Some of the advantages of using a telephoto lens would be
- They bring the far away objects closer to your camera.
- The telephoto lenses tend to enhance the blurred background.
- If you are into creating portraits, a telephoto lens is what you would need as an absolute necessity.
Best Telephoto Lens for Panasonic GX7
Now that we are aware of the excellent capabilities offered by both Panasonic GX7 and the telephoto lenses how about looking through a few good telephoto zoom lenses for your Panasonic GX7? So, here we go without any introduction.
Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS
The Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS is the Telephoto zoom lens with the Auto Focus and Four Thirds max sensor coverage. You get an excellent optical image stabilization that would let your shoot excellent images at lower shutter speeds.
Some of the features we would highlight include
- High-performance image stabilization.
- The lens comes with a weather sealing
- The built-in autofocus should be ideal for your photography needs.
- The lens offers a Constant f2.8 Aperture throughout
You can lay your hands on it at Amazon.
Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm f4.8-6.7 I
That should be another great Auto Focus camera with Micro Four Thirds maximum sensor coverage. It comes with built-in autofocus but does not offer weather sealing. However, it can be your best bet if you are low on budget.
Here are a few features you would fall in love with the lens –
- The lens offers you a full-time manual focusing
- Inbuilt Autofocus functionality integrates well with your Panasonic GX7
- It comes with a mount for the four-thirds microsensor.
Slow aperture at both ends and lack of weather sealing can be one of the features you would not find appealing.
If you are interested, you may give a try, available on Amazon.
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 II Power OIS
Check on Amazon Price –
The lens should be at par with the Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS but lacks the weather sealing option. That would make it a wrong choice for outdoor photography in severe weather conditions. The lens is faster at the wider end.
Some salient features that the lens would offer you include
- Built-in Auto Focus functionality
- The lens offers you a complete manual focusing
- The lens does come with a supplied hood.
- You get Micro Four Thirds maximum sensor coverage.
If you find the lens an exciting option, you can gather more information from Amazon.
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f4-5.6 R
Olympus lenses always come under the affordable category, yet provide exceptional performance. The Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f4-5.6 R is not an exception either. Lack of weather sealing can be an issue, but that should be what you should be ready to accept given the low priced model that we are discussing.
A couple of the features we loved with the telephoto lens would be –
- The lens comes with a fully automatic autofocus
- Lightweight and design should make it a most portable lens you can ever have.
- It should be an excellent option for sports and portrait shots.
- The best in body optical image stabilization makes it an excellent choice.
- The lens is Movie Still Compatibility.
Want to give it a try? Check it out on Amazon.
Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Power OIS
The lens should be the best option for those professionals out there and an excellent accessory for your Panasonic GX7. It is an Auto Focus zoom telephoto lens with four thirds maximum sensor average. The included optical image stabilization should make it an excellent lens for shots with slow shutter speeds.
The features we loved with the lens include
- The lens is lightweight and extremely portable.
- It comes with weather sealing in the form of dust and splash proof.
- The Optical image stabilization is what would make it an excellent choice for excellent low light and low shutter speed shots.
- The lens comes with built-in hood support.
Want to have a look at it? You can give it a try on Amazon.
The Concluding Thoughts
Well, there are several lenses available that would satisfy your needs for the next telephoto zoom lenses for your Panasonic GX7. We have just chosen the five best options for you to give a try. The Panasonic GX 7 comes with its Optical Image stabilization functionality, and as such, all the lenses we have covered here should support the OIS functionality seamlessly.
Have you used any of the lenses that we have covered in this concise collection? If yes, do share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with us. If you have any recommended options with any other best matches to the ones featured here, share them as well for us to get a better idea about them.
Feel free to drop us your suggestions in the comment section below. Thanks for visiting!