If you are looking to use “Facial Recognition” to unlock your Windows 10 PC, you would need Windows Hello Compatible Webcams.
Windows 10 is a unique ecosystem in itself. It offers you a host of new features, and the regular updates have been adding in extra features over the years. From the security point of view, we would consider it one of the excellent operating system – thanks to a host of security elements included in the package. One such classic security feature is Windows Hello. Which webcams should you opt for if you are looking to find the best for your facial recognition option?
Also Read: Top 4K Webcams
Windows Hello Compatible Webcams – An Overview
Have you updated your device to Windows 10 recently have been on the latest version of the operating system? In that case, you should invariably be using Windows Hello as an added security. Setting it up may not be an issue as such, but you would need a compatible webcam for the feature to work.
Before we would consider webcams worth their salt, let us check out what exactly is Windows Hello.
What is Windows Hello?
Some PCs and laptops with fingerprint readers can work with Windows Hello. However, our post is specific to the Windows Hello Facial recognition feature where some devices that can recognize your face and fingerprint to log you in. Moreover, you can also sign in to your Windows PC using Windows Hello companion devices, such as the Microsoft Band and some Windows 10 smartphones.
Windows Hello provides you a password-free, cognitive facial recognition-based login functionality available on Windows 10. In effect, you would use it for logging into your Windows without having to type in the password.
Since Windows Hello lets you log in to Windows 10 through face unlocking methods, you need supported devices. A few options for the biometric functionality include iris scanning, fingerprint scanning, and facial recognition. The feature will require you to have access to accessories like a fingerprint scanner or webcam.
Related: Microsoft Teams Certified Webcams
Apart from logging in to your Windows 10, Windows Hello would also be helpful for you in signing in to a few Windows 10 apps. Dropbox and One Drive are a couple of examples in that regard. However, not all apps are supported, and that can be something disappointing for techies out there.
Having understood those basic concepts, here are a few compatible webcams you can give a try too.
Best Windows Hello Compatible Webcams
|Logitech Brio Webcam||Check on Amazon Microsoft Store Amazon India|
|Creative Labs Senz3D||Check on Amazon|
|Razer Stargazer Depth-Sensing HD Webcam||Check on Amazon|
|Mouse Facial Recognition Web-Camera for Windows Hello||Check on Amazon|
|LilBit Face Recognition USB IR Camera||Check on Amazon|
|Mouse Facial Recognition Anti-Spoofing CM02-A||Check on Amazon|
|Kaysuda Windows Hello IR Camera||Check on Amazon|
|Moomax EC-X1 IR Camera||Check on Amazon|
1. Logitech Brio Webcam
One of the most advanced webcams, the Logitech Brio Webcam, is quality personified regarding the image quality that it offers you. An astonishing 2160p resolution and HDR compatibility would make it an excellent choice in every right.
Some of the features we would focus on include.
- A stunning 4K + HDR compatibility
- The RightLight™ 3 light correction technology for quality video quality, streaming, and recording.
- Assured true to life HD video with autofocus and premium glass lens.
- Support for multiple connectivity options including USB 2.0 Type-A and USB 3.0 Type A and C connections
- Certified for Skype for Business and Cisco, it offers you an excellent enterprise functionality.
Equipped with an easy to use the stand, that is the best you can opt for. You have access to a 5X zoom compatibility. Here are some of the technical specifications of the device:
|Specifications||Logitech Brio 4K|
|4K Ultra HD video calling (up to 4096 x 2160 pixels @ 30 fps)|
1080p Full HD video calling (up to 1920 x 1080 pixels @ 30 or 60 fps)
720p HD video calling (up to 1280 x 720 pixels @ 30, 60, or 90 fps)
Plug-and-play USB connectivity
Field of View:
|Zoom||5x digital zoom in Full HD|
RightLight™3 with HDR
|Microphone||2 Omni-directional mics|
Plug and play USB connectivity
|Cable Length||2.2 meters|
|DIMENSIONS||27 mm x 102 mm x 27 mm|
2. Creative Labs Senz3D
Creative is a manufacturer well known for audio accessories for your laptops and PCs. However, they also have a name carved for itself in the webcam segment as well. It comes with almost all features that you would look ahead to in a capable webcam.
A few features we loved with the webcam include.
- Utterly futuristic in its appearance and functionality.
- It incorporates high-end 3D scanning and facial recognition technology.
- Best suited for both AR functionality and gaming.
- It offers you practically unlimited possibilities.
- Communicate in a crystal clear voice with Cortana and get things done.
It may be a little expensive, yet it can be the best you can go with if you are looking to the future.
3. Razer Stargazer Depth-Sensing HD Webcam
Have you ever given a thought to opting for the affordable version of the webcam? The Razer Stargazer Depth-Sensing HD Webcam should be one of the best options in that case. It offers you a high capture rate and provides you with lifelike video capability.
The webcam also comes with 3D scan compatibility for faces and objects. Get ready for the advanced facial and gesture recognition for the best experience regarding camera performance.
A couple of features that we would consider a good option for your webcam requirements can be
- The USB 3.0 compatible camera supports Windows Hello functionality and offers you a high end 60 fps shooting capability.
- The dynamic background removal feature lets you have the best gaming experience ever.
- Enjoy lifelike streaming with the best quality of camera functionality.
- It lets you enjoy multiplayer games in a purely new way.
- Unique depth-sensing capability.
4. Mouse Facial Recognition Web-Camera for Windows Hello (Cm01-A)
“Mouse” is a lesser-known brand when it comes to webcams, but the camera is designed specifically for the Windows 10 operating system. The device is compatible with any Windows 10 installation, including a small footprint PC, laptop, or desktop.
A few features that we loved the most include
- Fully compatible with Windows 10
- It can unlock your PC through facial recognition in just under 1 second.
- It uses 3D identification, and thus masquerading through the use of photographs can easily be avoided.
- If your PC is a multi-user device, you can easily add a family member for perfect usability.
- Easy to set up and configure
- You can use it for Skype and similar other web conferencing tools.
5. LilBit Face Recognition USB IR Camera
Another affordable option, the LilBit Face Recognition USB IR Camera, should be your best bet for Windows Hello compatibility. The multi-user functionality should allow you to configure it for your family members as well.
Some of the features you would like include
- It comes with dual microphone support.
- Works exceptionally well with USB 3.0
- You have access to HD 720p resolution which should be ideal enough for Skype
- Masquerade detection, along with depth-sensing functionality.
|IR Camera resolution:||640×480 pixels|
|IR Camera Max Image Transfer Rate: Max Image Transfer Rate||100fps @ 640×480|
|RGB Camera resolution: 1280×720||1280×720 HD|
|RGB Camera Max Image Transfer Rate: Max Image Transfer Rate||30fps@1280×720|
|Camera resolution (max): 1280×720/30fps (around 920,000 pixels)||1280×720/30fps (around 920,000 pixels)|
|IR LED Emission Wavelength: Centroid wavelength||850nm|
|Digital microphone:||Digital microphone*2|
|I/O Port:||USB2.0 or USB 3.0(recommended)|
|Operating Temperature:||-30℃ to +70℃ (-22F to +158F)|
|Stable Image Temperature:||0℃ to +50℃ (32F to +122F)|
|Product Dimension(LxWxH):||135mm*22mm*53mm (5.31×0.87×2.09 inch)|
|Net Weight:||115g (0.253 Ibs)|
|USB cable length:||4.92ft (1.5 m)|
Mouse Facial Recognition Anti-Spoofing CM02-A
Specially designed for use with Windows Hello integration on Windows 10, the CM02-A is also adaptive for multiple users. It also supports masquerade detection utilizing an InfraRed camera. The high-speed recognition within one second makes it an exceptional choice by many standards.
A few features that should make it one of the excellent choices would include
- A perfect hands-free solution for your needs.
- It can capture 3D identification of all the facial features.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Works effectively with even the latest version of Windows 10 viz 1903
- An excellent video quality.
You can check out the webcam at this link on Amazon.
Kaysuda Windows Hello IR Camera
It is one of the cheaper options in this list and is quite fast in IR facial detection, especially using Windows Hello. It comes with dual noise cancellation mics and 720p RGB webcam for your usual video calls.
It also enables you to use it on a shared computer with the primary focus on facial detection. The IR camera comes with a resolution of 640×480, and the on-board RGB camera comes with a video resolution of 1280×720 and a max frame rate of 30fps (around 920,000 pixels).
It supports USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 with the higher version recommended if you have one available.
Moomax EC-X1 IR Camera
The EC-X1 is a Windows Hello, IR Camera. It comes with a 720p resolution webcam with Dual Mic for ultra-sharp, streaming, webcasting, or recording video. The specs are in line with most of the other budget Windows Hello cameras on this list.
The IR Camera allows you to authenticate and login or unlock the windows10 system. The RGB part will enable you to operate it as a regular webcam.
The webcam also supports Windows 7, 32/64 bit OS, but only as a WebCam.
The Parting Thoughts
Well, those are a few best options for the webcams compatible with Windows Hello functionality. If your built-in camera does not support Windows Hello, opt for the best features on the featured webcams. Relieve yourself from the shackles of having to enter a password every time, and as Dell aptly puts it, become “YOU ARE THE PASSWORD”!
- Best Microsoft Teams Certified Webcams
- What Is A Polarizer Filter?
- Best Dimmable LED Light for Video
- Best LED Ring Light For Macro Photography