If you are considering to improve your photography or videography with the correct amount of lighting, the On-Camera LED lights are what you should prefer. They can indeed be the most cost-effective and beneficial regarding added effects. We would indeed suggest the Dimmable LED light because of the vast list of advantages that the LED lighting would offer for your enhanced levels of photographic excellence.
Why use LED lights in Photography?
Well, the LED lighting would offer you a high degree of excellence and benefits. One of the significant advantages would be a cost-effective manner that these tiny lights provide. Apart from that they also help you out in several other ways that would be beneficial in its own right.
Some of the advantages offered by LED lighting can be summarised as here below –
- LED lights are cooler, as opposed to the heat generated by the traditional flashlights and other lighting arrangements in your studio, you would find LED lights running quite cooler. That would make the photography experience quite comfortable. A LED light can be fitted in a corner that may be inaccessible, where a traditional light source may not provide.
- You can buy them in multiple colors and hues –LED lights are available in different colors, tones, and intensities. You can adjust them as per your needs in your camera settings and the exact ambiance that you are looking for, and in essence, they would help you be more creative. You can buy your LED lights in both tungsten and daylight balanced. Of course, the bicolor adjustments are essential as your camera can see the slightest differences in the intensity of the light.
- LEDs are energy efficient –By using LED lights, you are bringing your overheads down. They convert almost 80 percent of energy into light and thus save your electricity. Experts say that an LED can provide the light that is equivalent to three tungsten bulbs.
- They are Environment-friendly – If you care about the nature around you, we advise you to go for LED lighting. Also, they offer you more life, thus reducing the e-waste you may be generating. Less consumption of energy would make it another feature that would make LEDs an excellent option compared to the traditional lamps.
- Use lighting as per your needs –Traditional flash guns produce a higher burst of light. The LED lighting will ensure that you get enough light to meet your needs. That would help let you get enough lighting as per the scene requirements you may have. The best way to get the right light is through LED light than going the hit and miss option available through traditional lighting systems.
Dimmable LED light – Our Picks
Having gone through the advantages of the dimmable LED lights that are effective enough for your camera, let us move ahead to list a few best on-camera LED lights for your needs.
TOLIFO Photo Studio 176 LED
The dimmable LED light comes with 176 LED Bulbs. If you are looking for variation, the light offers you transparent and orange filters to soften the light. With the thread at the bottom end, you should be able to fix the LED bulb onto a stand easily.
Some salient features that would make it an exceptional choice can be
- You have access to broader lighting ranges to suit your exact photography needs.
- They can work both on battery or DC supply.
- It comes with a digital display screen design to get the most accurate settings.
- Compatible with almost all major camera brands, including Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Panasonic, Sony, Samsung, and Olympus.
- The LED light is durable and lightweight.
If you find it interesting, you can check it out on Amazon.
NEEWER 160 LED CN-160
Neewer has been a name to reckon with when it comes to LED flashes and LED lights for cameras. The NEEWER 160 LED CN-160 is one of the top-selling LED Light for your camera. The light comes with 160 LED bulbs for providing excellent illumination and diffusing needs.
Some of the features that would make it an excellent service in its own right are –
- It features 16 powerful LED bulbs for a complete illumination package.
- The LED light also comes with a set of diffusers to soften the color temperature.
- It can be your best bet for durability, portability, and lightweight features.
- You have access to a standard shoe connection that would aid in making it usable with any camera brand.
- It has a rotate switch for adjusting the brightness.
- The light intensity can be adjusted as per your scenes.
Seems impressive enough? Why not take a look at it on Amazon.
Viltrox has been the recipient of several certifications, prominent among them being CE, EMC, FCC, and RoHS. That should prove the efficiency of the LED lights manufactured by Viltrox. The natural lighting is what they excel in.
What makes us believe in them? Well, we assume these reasons would suffice –
- The light comes with an efficient diffuser for avoiding harsh light.
- The LED light offers you a bicolor adjustment. You can adjust both the color temperature and intensity of light output with the aid of a knob.
- It ensures that you get perfect sunlight like lighting.
- It makes use of PWM light adjustment technology.
- Brightness can be adjusted by +10 to +10 percent.
If you think it is your best bet, you can check them out on Amazon.
Selens 168 LED Dimmable Ultra High Power Light
Selens 168 LED Light should solve all your issues in handling the low light situations that you may face when photographing your day away. The rotate switch can be used to adjust the brightness as per your needs and to switch on or off the LED light.
Some of the features worthy of mentioning can be summed up as
- You can adjust the color temperature of the light to meet your needs.
- The LED light can be used with five different types of batteries and thus makes it one of the best options for your requirements.
- The dimmable light intensity should make it one of the prominent choices for your needs in the adjustable light.
- The LED light comes with a full shoe mount. That would make it an excellent option for almost all cameras.
- You can use it with multiple installations.
If those features impress you and you would want to give it a thought, you can do so on Amazon.
Julius Studio 160 LED
The Julius Studio 160 LED is undoubtedly one of the excellent options for your needs in LED light for your photography requirements. And yes, what makes it a great choice is it comes with the light stand along with the package.
Why should you opt for it for your needs in the LED light? Maybe the following can offer you a reason –
- It comes with a set of LED light stands. That should make it a thoughtful decision on account of Julius.
- The LED light comes with four color filters in white, orange, blue, and pink
- The LED light is compatible with almost all models of Canon and Nikon cameras.
- Lightweight and portable design should make it the best option for outdoor shooting needs you may have.
In case if you think that makes it an excellent option for your lighting requirements, look no further than Amazon.
NEEWER CN-216 216PCS LED
Last but not least – here is another great LED light from Neewer. One of the excellent options in the dimmable LED lights for an excellent natural lighting experience, the NEEWER CN-216 216PCS LED, produces brighter and clearer lighting.
Want to know what makes it an exceptional choice? Check them out –
- The LED light comes with 216 LED bulbs for perfect illumination.
- You can use it in a broader variety of DSLRs and digital cameras.
- The LED bulb comes with a standard general hot-shoe arrangement making it compatible with almost all major camera brands.
- The LED light comes with multiple dimmer control switches. You should be able to adjust the brightness precisely to your requirements.
- You can make use of it for a wide range of applications. Some of the possible applications include portrait photography, industrial product photography, and illumination.
In case if you are interested in LED light for your needs? Check it out on Amazon.
The Concluding Thoughts
That would conclude our top picks for the best dimmable LED lights for your cameras. Not that the list is exhaustive in any manner. However, this would let you gain entry into the exciting world of lighting. Check out the options you have at your disposal and enjoy the best indoor lighting for your needs.
Have you used any of the LED lights we have featured in this compilation? Share your thoughts and experiences with the LED lights with us. Also, share any good options that we may have missed.