Professional photographers vouch in the name of DSLRs and mirrorless cameras. The resolution requirements have also been growing with the focus shifting to 4K. The 4K compatibility is the ability to shoot high-quality video clips, though the technology can also expand to the quality of images being shot on the camera. We will be focussing on the best Nikon 4K DSLRs that offer you the best 4K functionality for this post.
Nikon 4K DSLRs – Our Choice:
The photography enthusiasts world over have been aware of the fact that Nikon is one of the trusted brands regarding high-end functionality and service quality. Let us list out the best 4K DSLR cameras presented by Nikon.
An Overview of 4K Enabled DSLR Cameras
DSLRs were introduced around two decades ago. They soon became the hot favorites with both professional and amateur photographers. There are a host of advantages that make them the best choices for compelling photography. Larger sensor sizes and interchangeable lenses just a few of them.
The 4K technology has been a new technology that has been making inroads into the psyche of the photographers, and the new 4K enabled DSLR cameras should be what would redefine the clarity and cinematic experience of the video shots without using the cinematography cameras. There have been a host of players when it comes to the capable 4K cameras. Some of the names worth the consideration include Panasonic, Leica, Sony, Nikon, and Samsung. The range of models available differs consistently across multiple pricing. You have the affordable 4K DSLRs and have the higher priced ones as well.
One of the advantages of using a 4K enabled DSLR cameras is the capacity to have a better and non-pixelated cropped image. Panning, tilting, and zooming tend to provide you the best in class performance if you have a 4K DSLR camera rather than on a traditional full HD capable camera. They also offer you a better low light performance. The 4K resolution is bound to provide you with more details in your shots and clips and thus can be quite useful for shooting videos with a more precise depth of field.
Nikon D850 has been one of the most popular and best DSLR cameras we have ever come across. The Nikon D850 has been the ultimate choice when it comes to the full frame DSLRs as it offers you everything that you have looking ahead for in a DSLR.
The Spec Sheet
- It offers you a full frame CMPS sensor at 45.4 MP
- The screen size reads 3.2-inch tilt-angle touchscreen
- 153-point AF, 99 cross-type points
- Best in class dynamic range and high ISO performance.
- The camera offers you a 7 fps continuous shooting functionality.
Are you looking for a camera system that excels with the best Auto Focus system, this is what should appeal to you the most. The flagship DSLR from Nikon would be a stealer – thanks to the properties it packs in.
A few features that would make it an exceptional option can be summarised as
- The full-frame CMOS sensor offers you a 20.8 MP functionality.
- You have access to 12 fps continuous shooting capability.
- The 173 AF points offer excellent performance.
- The D5 has been a camera that professionals world over would prefer.
- The massive ISO range should make it an excellent choice in its own right.
Employing the same sensor as on the D5 featured above, the DSLR can shoot up to 10 frames per second. You would find the high-end DX format for the body and its design. Enhanced autofocus and better video capabilities are what should make it an excellent choice.
Some of the features that would make it one of the excellent options are
- You have access to a 20.7 APS-C sensor.
- The high-end Auto Focus module would offer you 153 point AF points of which 99 are cross-type points.
- Continuous shooting speed of 10 fps performance.
- A host of connectivity options which includes WiFi, Bluetooth, and NFC.
How about a DSLR camera with the 4K video recording functionality at an affordable price tag? The newly launched Nikon D7500 would provide you the best answer to your needs. The camera indeed offers the best alternative to the mirrorless cameras and offers you an exciting option among the DSLRs.
Some of the features worth mentioning can be summed up as
- Smooth aperture changes will ensure an excellent functionality
- You have access to UHD recording at 30 fps.
- It ensures you a leading image quality and other benefits in tune with the Nikon D500.
- The affordable system has 51 point AF option with 15 cross-type points
- WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity are the two connectivity options that would serve as the best when it comes to connecting your camera to other devices.
That should be the Nikon DSLR cameras with the 4K recording functionality that tend to offer you the best feature regarding video recording efficiency. You may not find many options as of now in the 4K genre in DSLR cameras as things stand as of now. Maybe, we can foresee a few launches in a couple of years. The 4K technology is just taking off, and it could take a while before it assumes the level of a mainstream industry.
Have you used any of the Nikon DSLR cameras for your video recording needs? If you have, do share your thoughts and views with us. We would welcome your feedback for a better and hands-on experience concerning the cameras of your choice.