If you are looking to buy the best USB C Webcams for your Macbook or a device that lacks USB A ports, then check out our recommendations.
You will require an external webcam for web conferencing, YouTube recording, Skype calls, streaming, dictation, online meetings, etc. Those webcams that work on the conventional USB-A port are prevalent. However, the webcams working on type-C USB ports are now gradually being used.
Related: Best 2K Webcams
Several new desktops and laptops are now equipped with Type-C USB ports. The corresponding new USB standard comes with tons of novel features. The Type-C USB is backward compatible with earlier versions of USB-A like 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0.
Also Read: Best Windows Hello Webcams
Many users are presently using an adapter to transform the old USB type to the latest Type-C. However, with a Type-C port, the video quality is enhanced, and response time will be improved with low latency interfaces or interconnects. Let’s look at the detail of available USB C webcams:
Best USB C Webcams:
|Logitech Stream cam 1080p
|Buy from Amazon
|Logitech Stream cam
|Buy from Amazon
|Buy from Amazon
|Logitech Brio 4K UHD Webcam
|Buy from Amazon
4. Logitech BRIO Ultra HD Webcam:
This HD webcam is a great choice when the need arises for voice recording, video conferencing, and streaming. The 2 omnidirectional microphones present inside amplifies your voice when carrying out recordings or video calls. So, you can hardly listen to the noise, and the communication will always be crystal-clear. The built-in noise cancelation technology filters out undesired sounds. This is why you always get the finest video calling and recording experiences.
Another great thing to note is this webcam possesses an excellent infrared facial recognition feature. With the help of Ultra HD image quality, this feature can quickly distinguish faces. Moreover, this feature is helpful for quick computer logins using Windows Hello and some other facial recognition apps. Being enterprise-ready, this Logitech webcam is certified for Skype for Business and Cisco. Furthermore, it is seamlessly compatible with well-known video meeting apps like WebEx, Zoom, Facebook Messenger, Blue Jeans, and more. The webcam also supports USB 2.0 ports and USB 3.0 ports. This is why this webcam works with the majority of the video conferencing apps as well as services.
- With the help of a 4K image sensor, quality glass lens, autofocus, and high dynamic range (HDR), the video quality is spectacular and lifelike.
- The included Right light 3 automatically varies contrast and exposure to recompense for backlighting and glare.
- The HDR and RightLight 3 are helpful to highlight the most important part of the image or video.
- With the abilities for recording and 4K streaming, this webcam can work with xsplit, obs, and Windows 10.
- The BRIO offers secure and quick facial recognition for Windows Hello. You don’t need to type a password while logging into Windows OS. This is made possible with the help of infrared and optical sensors.
- The BRIO conveys 4K Ultra HD video quality at 30 fps. It can also support 1080p resolution at 30 fps or an ultra-smooth 60 fps.
- The HD 5X zoom supports features like digital zoom and pan. It lets you select from 3 field of view choices without any changes in HD resolution.
- The video clarity and quality are the same in any lighting condition.
- This webcam is compatible with OS like Windows 7/8.1/10 or higher and Chrome OS 29.0.1547 and higher.
3. Lenovo 500 Full HD USB Webcam:
Lenovo makes this webcam to be a USB Video Class (UVC) compliant video camera. It is uniquely designed to work for teleconferencing applications on your desktop or laptop. You can use it to transfer videos in HD quality via a fast USB interface. This interface operates in Full HD mode. The ease of operation and intuitive user interface makes it so much easy to use. The build quality is durable to last for years. Moreover, the privacy screen is an added feature. It can be unlocked through Windows Hello that works on an IR sensor. The facial recognition technology leads to automatic login. A USB 2.0 Type-A to Type-C cable of length 1.8 meters is available in the package.
- This Lenovo webcam supports FHD 1080P video resolution.
- It comes with plug & play USB connectivity for quick and easy setup.
- It can capture most of the scene through the wide-view 75° lenses with 360° pan and tilt controls.
- A facility can stream or feed the image output in real-time via a PC to a PC network.
2. Logitech StreamCam, Live Streaming Webcam:
Enjoy voice recording, conferencing, and video recording at best with the help of this Logitech streaming webcam. It supports smooth 1080p recording at a 60 fps pace. There is also support for the full HD vertical capture. This is why the device works perfectly for Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, and Instagram story sharing. With premium-quality audio, your voice always sounds dynamic and reliable. The enhanced Logitech capture software helps you make content using multiple cameras, scene transitions, text overlays, and few other studio controls.
Logitech equips this webcam with horizontal and vertical picture support. So, it is merely the day and night differences from the standard laptop webcams. Due to the support for multiple frame rates and resolutions, the webcam is known for its versatility.
- The video resolution is Full HD 1080p, and the speed of recording is 60 fps. These specifications lead to a high-quality, ultra-smooth streaming experience.
- It comes with the autofocus and auto-exposure features to focus only on the part you want. These features work on the advanced facial-tracking AI.
- The options for versatile mounting make sure you are always visible with decent light and a proper angle. A tripod adaptor and a monitor mount are included to shoot at an ideal angle.
- The electronic image stabilization decreases camera vibration.
- When you turn this webcam, it can switch to full HD vertical video with the resolution of 9:16. This feature helps share videos on Facebook and Instagram stories.
Logitech StreamCam, 1080P HD 60fps Streaming Webcam:
Designed keeping in mind the streaming needs, this webcam is useful for both audience and video creators. The streaming videos can be easily shared on YouTube, Instagram stories, and Twitch. The video recording at a resolution of full HD 1080P and 60 fps speed leads to a smooth streaming experience. The motion seems precise and ultra-smooth. The support for USB type-C guarantees fast video transfer speed.
When this Logitech webcam is used with Logitech Capture, it works more efficiently. The mentioned feature lets you use features like stabilization, framing, automate exposure, and more. Hence, you can focus on recording the content in the best quality. Moreover, the Logitech capture makes the content creation process user-friendly and quick. With versatile mounting options, it is easy to obtain the perfect angle for recording or streaming. For easy and quick setup, a tripod mount and monitor mount are included.
- Irrespective of your position, the smart auto-focus, and AI-enabled facial tracking provide precise focus and exposure.
- The fine-tuning of auto exposure provides high-quality output in all lighting conditions.
- The image stabilization reduces the vibrations of the camera.
- There is a facility to rotate the webcam by 90° to enable the portrait mode. This feature allows you to make vertical videos in Full HD resolution. The corresponding videos are optimized for smartphones.
- The Logitech capture app allows adjustment of settings and customization of recordings.
- It is compatible with Windows 10 and Mac OS 10/14 or above.
- The webcam is optimized for XSplit and Open Broadcaster Software (obs).
The support for Type-C USB in webcams leads to video data transmissions at faster speeds. Though there are just a few USB C webcams, more are expected to be introduced soon. In all these webcams, the video quality is awesome.