The fastest and most efficient memory card format in the market is the CFexpress card. For future-generation cameras and camcorders, these cards will be the default choices. Ideally, for faster transfers, you would need to go with the Type B card readers. See the comparison below:
As you can see, the Type B cards offer better throughput and are also widely available in the market. See the card market comparison table below:
Also Read: Best XQD Card Readers
To ensure fast data transfer speed, along with a CFExpress card, you will also need to use a compatible CFExpress card reader to transfer images from your camera. These card readers work with cameras having CFexpress/XQD card slots. Moreover, most card readers are compatible with prevalent cameras from notable brands like Canon, Nikon, and Panasonic. Get into more details on the best CFExpress Type B card readers with the following article:
Best CFexpress Type B Card Reader
|Sr. No.||Image||Product Name||Manufacturer||Buy Now|
|1||XQD/CFExpress Type B Memory Card Reader|| Sony||Check on Amazon|
|2||SanDisk Extreme PRO CFexpress Card Reader||SanDisk||Check on Amazon|
|3||Lexar CFexpress USB 3.1 Reader||Lexar||Check on Amazon|
|4||CFexpress Card Reader Type B (10Gbps)||KETAKY||Check on Amazon|
|5||XQD/CFexpress Type B Card Reader||Cateck||Check on Amazon|
|6||CFexpress Type B XQD Card Reader||Rocketek||Check on Amazon|
|7||Hoodman Steel CFexpress Card Reader||Hoodman||Check on Amazon|
|8||LENTION USB C CFexpress Type B Card Reader||LENTION||Check on Amazon|
|9||ULBRE CFexpress Card Reader Type B|| ULBRE||Check on Amazon|
|10||FIDECO CFexpress Type B Card Reader||FIDECO||Check on Amazon|
10. FIDECO CFexpress Type B Card Reader:
Supporting Type B CFexpress memory card data transfer, this product is famous for its efficient operation. It can swiftly transfer high-resolution images as well as video recordings to your PC. The maximum USB 3.1 data transfer speed is 10 Gbps. The card reader is built-in high-quality aluminum along with CNC molding artistry. Despite being durable, it comes in a portable and sleek design. Moreover, it comes with efficient heat dissipation.
- It comes with a USB A to USB C cable a USB C to USB C cable. These cables are designed to let the card reader work with smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktops.
- OS compatibility includes Windows XP/Vista7/8/8.1/10, Mac OS, and more.
- It allows plug & play setup and comes with hot-swapping capability.
- Being USB bus-powered, there is no need for an external power supply.
9. ULBRE CFexpress Card Reader Type B:
Regardless of the resolution of your images and video files, this card reader promises swift transfer to your PC. The fast data transfer and speedy operation make sure your investment turns worthy. It is compatible with USB 3.1 Gen 1 and USB 3.0. The setup process is plug & play; no need for installing drivers. With the hot-swapping ability, there is no need for an external power supply. Any photographer and videographer can easily carry it along.
The use of quality aluminum alloy makes it durable yet lightweight. Besides, this material flaunts a stylish appearance, and the card reader does not occupy much space around. When transferring substantial data files the heat generation is immense. Fortunately, this card reader comes with efficient heat dissipation.
You can use this card reader for the conversion of USB Type-C to CFexpress format. The pack contains a USB-A to USB-C cable, a USB-C to USB-A cable, and a user manual.
- Both the included USB cables support a 10 Gbps data transfer rate. They come with USB 3.1 Gen2 standard.
- It is compatible with all PCs, laptops, MacBook Pro, Air computers, iMac, and other Type-C devices.
- OS compatibility includes Mac OS, Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10, etc.
- It can support Cfexpress cards with 32 GB, 64 GB, 120 GB, and 128 GB. The maximum capacity of the CFExpress card allowed is 2 TB.
- It comes with an auto-detection feature for improving the data transfer efficiency.
8. LENTION USB C Cfexpress Type B Card Reader:
Especially for photographers, a set of efficient tools can help them achieve their goals quickly. This Type B CFExpress card reader is one such tool. Not just photographers, it is also helpful for vloggers. They can benefit from a fast data transfer rate and explore creativity anytime, anywhere.
With plug and play interface, connect your laptop to this card reader. Consequently, it will accomplish data transfer at a lightning-fast speed. With transmission speed up to 10 Gbps, you can quickly transfer your photos and videos.
Owing to the compact and sleek design, it is convenient to place it in a bag. Furthermore, the surface is made up of durable PVC that is flexible as well. The middle layer of the cable shields the signal, whereas the inner layer promises fast and stable data transmission.
- The media type it is compatible with is Compact Flash.
- There is support for USB 3.1 Gen 2 or USB 3.2 data transfer speed.
- The use of aluminum alloy makes it durable and also offers good heat dissipation efficiency. Your CFExpress card will stay protected against overheating.
- The built-in chip ensures fast data transfer.
- It is easy to monitor the operational status from the LED indicator.
7. Hoodman Steel CFexpress Card Reader:
For those who shoot with CFexpress Type B media, this card reader is a perfect choice. It supports USB 3.1/3.2 Gen 2 standard (10 Gbps) for efficient data transfer to your device. Using this card reader guarantees smooth workflow for high-res photos, raw images, and videos. Various video resolutions it supports are 8K/4K/Full HD.
It receives power from the USB bus. With the included USB Type-C cable and Type-A and Type-C connectors, it becomes easy to connect the card reader to your host system.
- The robust metal housing resists external elements. Also, it works as a heat sink to reduce the intensity of overheating.
- It supports a USB Type-C interface.
6. Cfexpress Type B XQD Card Reader:
This card reader is one of the versatile products on the list. It can work as a memory card adapter. It comes with Thunderbolt 3 port connection support. Mostly it can work with devices having Android/Windows/Mac OS. Moreover, it comes in plug & plays design and efficient hot-swapping capability. You need not install the driver. Whenever you want, you can supervise the connection status via the LED indicator.
For ease of connection to compatible devices, it ships with a USB A to C cable and USB C to C cable. Its ultra-slim design makes sure you can hold it in your palm. This portable design makes no compromise with durability. This is because Rocketek used ABS and brushed aluminum. Both these materials make it durable yet portable. The card reader can withstand heavy use for an extended period. Furthermore, the aluminum alloy cover offers extra durability. Go through the included user manual if you are confused about installation or usage.
- The support for USB 3.1 Gen 2 facilitates a quick data transfer rate of up to 10 Gbps.
- It is backward compatible with USB 3.1 Gen 1.
- It reduces delays when downloading.
- The built-in chip promises stable data transmission without intervention. Also, this chip efficiently dissipates heat.
- It comes with powerful compatibility with XQD cards and CFexpress type B cards.
- The maximum capacity of the CFExpress card it supports is 2 TB.
- Various XQD cards it support are Lexar 2933x, Lexar1400x Mark, and XQD Sony G-series and M-series.
- The list of operating systems it can work with is Mac OS X and above and Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10(32/64-bit).
- The included cables are USB A to USB C and USB C to USB C. They let the card reader be compatible with various models of Mac Air, MacBook Pro, PCs, laptops, computers, and other Type-C devices.
5. XQD/CFexpress Type B Card Reader:
Cateck designs this card reader to also work as a CFExpress memory card adapter. It facilitates up to 10 Gbps data transfer rate through USB 3.2 Gen 2 standard. Use the included USB-C to USB-C cable or USB-C to USB-A cable to connect with compatible devices. You can connect devices like Mac Air, MacBook Pro, PC, and laptops.
Because of aluminum alloy, the card reader provides quick heat dissipation. This material makes it durable yet portable. The bottom contains a rubbery coating to maintain stability—no need for an external power supply and driver since it comes with hot-swapping ability.
The super-small size lets you easily fit in a camera bag or a laptop compartment. So, the card reader proves to be travel-friendly. After insertion of the card into the card slot, the indicator light turns white. When you write and read data to your devices, the light will flash.
- The super-speed data transfer rate of 10 Gbps enables the transfer of substantial RAW images and 4K videos.
- It is backward compatible with USB 3.2 Gen 1 (USB3.0), USB 2.0, and USB 1.1.
- The operating systems it supports are Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, and macOS.
- Mostly, it can work with CFexpress Type B memory cards from Sony, SanDisk.
- The metal shell comes with effective heat dissipation.
- Various card formats allowed are NTFS/EXT4/FAT32/EXFAT.
4. CFexpress Card Reader Type B (10Gbps):
If you are in search of a professional-grade card reader, then this product is for you. Accomplish file transfer on the go due to its compact, space-saving, and portable design. The slim design makes it travel-friendly. Besides, the aluminum cover presents extra durability.
Supervise the connection status through the LED indicator. When you place the card in the reader’s card slot, the light turns blue. When reading data, the light will show flash. No driver needed; it comes with plug & play setup. The pack contains a user manual, a USB-A to USB-C cable, and a USB-C to USB-C cable.
- Support for USB 3.1 standard provides a maximum data transfer speed of 10 Gbps.
- It is backward compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 Gen 1.
- The included cables enable compatibility with PCs, laptops, Mac Air, MacBook Air, and other Type-C devices.
- The compatible devices should have any of these operating systems- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 and Mac OS.
- Other features include auto-detection and hot-swapping.
- Hardware interfaces supported are USB, USB Type-C, and Thunderbolt.
- It is USB bus-powered, with no need for an external power supply.
3. Lexar CFexpress USB 3.1 Reader:
Transfer many high-res images and RAW 4K videos from a CFexpress Type B card to your PC. The quick data transfer speeds accelerate workflow. Getting back behind the camera is now faster. For any professional photographers and videographers, this card reader is a preferred choice.
Because of its compact, portable design, you can conveniently slip it into your pocket or laptop—no need to carry cables or use a tote bag. With the USB 3.1 connector, the card reader features plug & play design. This connector lets you quickly offload the content anytime, anywhere. Connect to compatible devices with the included USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable.
- The read and write speeds are up to 1050MB/s.
- It is implemented with USB 3.1 Gen 2 technology.
- It allows downloading best quality images and 4K videos at a fast rate.
- The hardware interface is USB Type-C.
2. SanDisk Extreme PRO CFexpress Card Reader:
With the super-fast USB 3.1 Gen 2 speeds, this SanDisk card reader optimizes the performance of your CFexpress Type B card. Gradually, the optimization in performance facilitates smooth, efficient workflows in aspects ranging from location to post-production. Its versatility can be gauged because it unleashes the speeds of Cfexpress Type B cards and lets you continue to work the way you like.
The USB-C connectivity lets you connect this card reader with the latest devices. It is implemented with cutting-edge USB-C technology. A 1.6 feet USB Type-C cable is included.
- The support for the USB-C interface makes sure the card reader can work with the latest computers.
- USB 3. 1 Gen 2 provides interface speeds up to 1250MB/s.
- USB-C connectivity: Designed to connect with the latest laptops and devices, the Cfexpress Card Reader is ready for the newest USB-C technology
- It enables data transfer of RAW 4K video. This support may differ based on the host device, usage conditions, file attributes, etc.
- It can work with those CFExpress Type B cards that are backward compatible with the select XQD cameras with firmware-enabled CFExpess.
- RescuePRO Deluxe Recovery software is included for download.
Sony XQD& CFExpress Type B Memory Card Reader:
This Sony memory card reader is exclusively specifically for the CFexpress Type B memory cards and XQD cards. It instantly reads the CFexpress card and promptly transfers the data to the PC. In the pack, you will find USB Type-C to Type-C and USB Type-C to Type-A cables. Use them to connect various compatible devices with this card reader.
- It comes with a USB 3.1 Gen 2 interface. With this interface, data transfer takes place for file storage and post-production editing.
- The hardware interface is USB 3.0.
- The maximum data transfer rate is 10 Gbps.
- The operating systems it can work with are Windows and Mac.
For Users in India:
Sony MRWG1T Card Reader:
Not just for Sony CFExpress Type B, but this card reader is compatible with Sony XQD and M-Series memory cards too. It enables smooth data transfer across a USB interface. Moreover, it explores the full advantage of high-speed backups and makes your workflows more efficient. Its compact size leads to ease of carrying around. On the go, connect it to compatible memory cards and accomplish smooth data transfer. It occupies less space and proves to be travel-friendly.
- It allows backup and transfer of voluminous data like high-bit-rate videos or high-resolution photos to a PC.
- The fast data transfer speed provides you more time for editing and creativity.
You can use any of these card readers for workflow optimization and quick data transfer to your devices equipped with a CFExpress Type B card. They are well-known for rapid data transfer and quick setup.