Photography has not remained what it used to be just a couple of years ago. Close up photography is one of the prominent options you need to give a thought to and if you are into close up photography, the macro extension tube is what you would need as an essential option for most of your needs. If you have a Canon EOS camera and looking for the best Macro Extension Tubes for your camera, this is the perfect post you need. Let us check out the best Canon EOS DSLR Macro Extension Tube for your needs.
Related Post: Best Reverse Ring Camera mount adapters for Canon DSLRs
What is an Extension Tube?
The extension is the term used to describe the distance between the front element of your lens and how much it can be moved ahead. If this movement is long enough, you would be able to achieve a better macro shot as the lens will be closer to the subject.
An extension tube is what would help you achieve this feat. It increases the extension of your lenses. The tube fits between the lens and the camera front. It is a hollow and lightweight tube and moves your lens away from the camera. This will help you get a better magnification and assist you in excellent macro photography.
The Best Canon EOS DSLR Macro Extension Tube:
Having understood how does the extension tubes work and what purpose they are used for, here we go with the few select macro extension tubes for use with your Canon EOS cameras.
1. Fotodiox Canon EOS Macro Extension Tube
The Fotodiox Canon EOS Macro Extension Tube comes with an all metal construction and thus will ensure you that you can be assured of a better level of durability. The extension tube is available with multiple configurations for different use conditions. It enhances the macro functionality of your EOS cameras.
Some of the features you stand to gain include
- The extension tube comes with three ring sizes – 28mm, 14mm, 7mm
- You can use them individually or go with a combined application.
- Instead of opting for macro lenses, you can handle the macros shots with the extension tubes
- Easy to use and assemble
- One of the best options for nature photography
- The tube comes with a tremendous optical quality
Check out the macro extension tube form this link on Amazon.
2. Polaroid Canon EOS Macro Extension Tube
The Polaroid Canon EOS Macro Extension Tube comes with three extension tubes with different dimensions. Once again you can use it in combination or individually to meet your requirements of macro photography. The extension tube enhances performance without any sort of distortion.
A few salient features we liked with the extension tube can be summarised as
- The set comes with three extension tubes 7 mm, 14 mm, 28 mm Extension Tubes
- You can use them in multiple combinations offering you the options of 7 mm, 14 mm, 21 mm, 28 mm, 35 mm, 42 mm and 49 mm.
- The all-Aluminium construction provides you access to the best performance.
- Ensure a durable performance with years of trouble-free service
- No glass elements will ensure that there is no distortion.
If you are interested, you can find more information about the extension tube from here on Amazon.
3. Fotodiox Pro Auto Macro Extension Tube
Fotodiox Pro Auto Macro Extension Tube is an excellent option for Canon EOS EF / EF-S Lenses. The combination of 13mm, 21mm, and 31mm will provide you access to an excellent macro photography experience. The extension tube should be one of the best in its genre as it comes with electronic functionality included.
A few features that can make it worth being included in this compilation can be summarised as
- Since it has no optical insert, you will find no lens distortion of any nature
- The extension tube does offer you automatic functions, and thus you can get the auto focus and auto exposure features.
- It works with all Canon EOS cameras and also supports a few other cameras as well.
- Larger metal release button ensures smooth operation.
- It is very snug and mounts with your camera without hiccups.
If you want the try out the extension tube, you can gather more information form this link on Amazon.
4. Movo Photo AF 25mm Macro Extension Tube
The Movo Photo AF 25mm Macro Extension Tube lets you transform your non-macro lenses into a macro lens with ease. The longer length extension tube helps you make your lens reach closer to the subject and enables you to shoot professional level macro photography.
Some essential features worth the attempt include
- It lets you manage autofocus with an f/5.6 or better for an enhanced performance
- The aluminum mount offers you a durable functionality
- The tube comes with the 25 mm extension tube for an improved macro photography
- The extension tube can be one of the best options for your Canon EOS DSLR cameras.
- It comes with a one year warranty
If you find it interesting enough and want to give it a try, you may check it out on Amazon.
5. Jorish Canon EOS Macro Extension Tube
The Jorish Canon EOS Macro Extension Tube can work with all the Canon EOS DSLR cameras whether digital or film. It should be one of the best and affordable options for the enhanced macro functionality for your non macro lenses. Do note that the tube does not come with an electrical contact; thus manual focus is what you need.
A few salient features worth mentioning can be
- The extension tube comes with a set of three tubes – 7mm,14mm, and 28mm
- You should be able to achieve crystal clear life size images
- Since the extension tube has no optical content, the optical properties of your lenses are not disturbed
- The all metal construction should provide you an excellent durability
- You have access to a 24-month warranty
If you want to find more information on the extension tube, you can check it out here on Amazon.
6. Movo Photo AF 25mm Macro Extension Tube
The Movo Photo AF 25mm Macro Extension Tube is similar to the one we just discussed above but comes with a plastic mount. The lack of contact points will need you to make the focusing manually. The extension tube offers you an excellent option for improving the quality of the macro shots.
What makes it a worthy option? Here are our reasons-
- The extension tube comes with a 25 mm tube.
- It should be an excellent option for shooting images crystal clear – especially if you are a nature photographer.
- Maintains the autofocus without affecting the performance in any adverse way
- The extension tube comes with a plastic mount for an affordable choice
- The product comes with a one year warranty
Do you think it is worth your requirements? Get more information on Amazon at this link.
7. Jorish Pro Auto Macro Extension Tube Kit for Canon EOS EF / EF-S Lenses
The Jorish Pro Auto Macro Extension Tube Kit for Canon EOS EF / EF-S Lenses is one more offering from Jorish and comes with the complete electronic controls for improved macro photography. There are no optical elements involved, and thus it will not disturb your lens performance.
A few features that can make your prime choice are
- The set comes with three extension tubes in sizes of 13mm, 21mm, and 31mm
- You can either use them individually or in combination
- You have access to the metal mount for enhanced performance and durability under harsh conditions
- You have access to 24 months warranty on the product
You can check out the product here on Amazon.
The Parting Thoughts
That was our list of a few excellent options for the macro extension tubes for your Canon EOS cameras. The tubes should ideally meet almost your requirements in macro photography without having to invest in the expensive macro lenses. The extension tube will help you shoot in macro even with your regular lenses. One of the best options for nature or wildlife photography where you will not be able to venture too close to the subject, these extension tubes are indeed an excellent alternative to the macro lenses and can also serve you in a wide range of other options.
Have you used any of the macro extension tubes we have featured in this compilation? If you have, do share your inputs on their functionality and features with us through the comments section here below. This will help our readers and us in making an educated choice concerning macro photography.