In recent times, the smartphone cameras are the most common choice when it comes to snapping something on the go. A person of any age can easily use the camera phone to capture any picture or shoot video instantly. However, the point and shoot cameras claim to capture an image and shoot videos with high-quality output. In different lighting conditions, there would be no compromise in the output image quality and video quality. Moreover, you get more creative control over your captured photos.
It is difficult to hold the camera steady while capturing and shooting with your arms outstretched. Therefore, point and shoot cameras equipped with optical viewfinder enables you to press the camera easily against your face. In this way, these cameras improve stability and decrease the issues of shaking. Let’s take a look at the best “point and shoot” cameras with optical viewfinder:
<Updated List> Point and Shoot Cameras with Optical Viewfinder
Sony RX100 Mark IV
One of the best options for the point and shoot camera, the Sony RX100 Mark IV is one of the excellent options you can lay your hands on. There are several options available among the point and shoot cameras offered by RX100. You can check out one that best meets your needs.
You have a 20.1 MP sensor on the camera along with ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-70mm f/1.8-2.8. The strength of the device lies in its high quality EVF viewfinder that comes with a pop-up function. The tilting LCD screen should be yet another excellent options for an improved performance. You can have access to an excellent burst shooting capability.
The capabilities of 4K video and HD capability along with the 960-fps slow motion recording is one of the excellent features of the camera. You also have access to an enhanced wireless communication between the devices through the WiFi and NFC connectivity.
The Features –
- Type of the camera – Compact
- An excellent 4K video recording compatibility
- 36 million dots EVF viewfinder
- 6 X optical zoom
Panasonic Lumix ZS100 / TZ100
The camera is one of the most capable options in its genre. It offers you plenty of features packed in a small form factor. You can be assured of a 4K video capture along with a full HD capability. The 5-axis correction is one of the unique features. The camera also comes with a Level Shot function that automatically corrects the camera tilt.
It features the Venus Engine as the perfect Panasonic premier processor. The 1-inch 20.1-megapixel MOS sensor provides you access to an enhanced and improved night photography at its best. The high-end auto focusing offered by the camera can be one of the best options for a crystal clear shooting.
The camera is configured to suit practically any shooting condition. The Post Focus feature offered by the camera lets you refocus after the image has been taken. It is impressive enough to find Panasonic packing in a host of features in a tiny model.
The Features –
- A larger sensor in a compact form factor.
- A high-end zoom range
- 16 million dots EVF viewfinder
- Maximum burst speed – 30 fps
Olympus Tough TG-6 (Note: LCD Viewfinder Type)
The best feature offered by the camera would include the best possible waterproof protection. The 12 MP camera from Olympus offers waterproofing for up to 15 metres. It also comes with shockproof and crushproof properties as well making it one of the toughest cameras ever. An extremely useful and practical zoom range makes it a preferred destination for the camera lovers out there.
You have access to 4 macro shooting modes along with the option for magnified shooting for up to 1 cm. The Olympus Tough TG 6 offers a 4K movie and 120 fps full HD recording. The underwater capability offered by the camera will provide an enhanced experience. The five underwater microscope mode along with three underwater white balance modes.
The Features –
- The 1.04 million dots EVF viewfinder
- Maximum burst speed of 20 fps
- 4K video recording at 30 fps
- Enhanced Macro capability that can shoot a distance between 1 cm and 30 cm.
Panasonic LX100 II
Equipped with a multi aspect sensor, the Panasonic LX100 II should be one of the best cameras in the point and shoot genre for style. It comes with an excellent larger sensor. The switchable aspect ratios are what would make it a versatile camera ever. The solid build with metal construction and the tactile dual LED controls are the other two features that should ideally make it a big layer in its genre.
The camera also comes with a super sharp optic at 24-75mm (equiv.) f/1.7-2.8. Yet another plus point that we would want to focus on would be the maximum aperture of f/1.7. You can play with multiple 4K modes if you are trying to shoot videos in 4K.
- The 276000 dots EVF viewfinder is yet another excellent feature on the camera
- A continuous burst shooting at 11 fps.
- Fixed LCD screen. A tilting screen would have been an added advantage.
- Three-inch touchscreen at 1,240,000 dots.
List of the best point and shoot cameras with optical viewfinder:
- Canon PowerShot SD780IS
- Nikon Coolpix P7000 10.1 MP Superzoom Digital Camera
- Fujifilm X100F
- Nikon COOLPIX B700
- Sony DSCHX90V/B Digital Camera
1. Canon PowerShot SD780IS 12.1 MP, 3x Optical Image Stabilized (OIS) Zoom & 2.5-inch LCD:
The present model of point and shoot camera might be the slimmest digital camera from Canon. The PowerShot SD780 IS Digital ELPH camera is capable of enthralling the senses with the use of the bold, saturated colors and an original design resembling the intensity of brand’s cutting-edge camera technology. Whatever shots you take in any alignment, you would be able to share them and make them unforgettable.
To begin using this digital camera, all you need to do is set merely this device to Smart AUTO, and then you would be ready to capture pictures for enjoyment. One of the most appealing traits of this Canon camera is you can solely focus on your subject because the camera covers all the technical details.
- This Canon point and shoot camera come with 12.1-megapixel CCD capable of capturing enough detail for excellent photo-quality and the poster-size prints.
- It comes with the 3x optical zoom lens along with Optical Image Stabilizer.
- There is the presence of 2.5-inch widescreen PureColor LCD II screen for clearly viewing the objects.
- Implementation of Face Detection technique is there.
- The camera is equipped with HD movie shooting potential along with HDMI output.
- Its high compatibility allows it to be used with SD/SDHC, MMC Plus, and MMC/MMC Plus/HC.
- Use of the Advanced Canon technology smartly investigates the prevailing situation and shooting conditions. After that, it automatically chooses a suitable setting from 18 specially defined parameters.
2. Nikon Coolpix P7000 – 10.1 MP Digital Camera, 7.1x Wide Zoom-Nikkor ED Lens, and 3-Inch LCD:
Designed particularly for fast and comfortable handling, the Nikon Coolpix P7000 digital camera comes with 10.1 megapixels resolution featured on a large 1/1.7-inch CCD Sensor. With the use of the advanced glass lens, this Nikon point and shoot camera are designed from the ground up to present excellent image quality. The users would be facilitated with excellent control and creative options. Its low-light performance is improved through an ISO sensitivity varying up to 6400 at full resolution.
In this camera, a luminous 3-inch, 921,000-dot Clear Color Display along with an optical viewfinder and electronic Virtual Horizon Indicator offers illuminated pictures for crystal-clear viewing. In addition to capturing images, the P7000 camera also presents HD movie recording facility with zoom, autofocus as well as stereo sound recording. Overall, you will be benefitted with a wide range of creative control functions to explore your creativity.
- Superb image quality at the output is made possible with the use of advanced Nikon EXPEED C2 imaging engine and a flexible 7.1x optical 28-200mm Wide Zoom-Nikkor ED glass lens.
- In this camera, the versatile 28-200mm lens varies wide to snap landscapes. Moreover, the lens zooms in to snap a picture with excellent clarity.
- It comes with the 5-way VR image stabilization system. The optical VR image stabilization by lens shift reduces the impacts of camera shake.
- The motion detection technology automatically detects any moving entities. After this detection, it automatically adjusts shutter speed and ISO to reimburse for subject movement and camera shake.
- Nikon’s Best Shot Selector (BSS) is dedicated to automatically capture up to ten shots whenever the shutter is pressed. Once the images are captured, this selector chooses and saves the sharpest image.
3. Fujifilm X100F 24.3 MP APS-C Sensor:
The eye-catching aspect of this camera from Fujifilm is it comes with the advanced hybrid viewfinder. This model of point and shoot camera proves to be an excellent day to day camera capable of surpassing your typical expectations. Its solid metal construction gives you feeling as if you are holding a metal-based device. On its surface, the knob, switches, and buttons are perfectly positioned to let you use this unit easily. The built-in speed dials, excellent viewfinder technique, and expanded phase detection system makes your investment worthy.
- The X100F digital camera comes with the 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor with X-Processor Pro and no low-pass filter.
- This point and shoot camera are equipped with the 8-way focus lever. Moreover, the number of focusing points is expanded from 49 (found in previous models) to 91.
- You can use it on the go with the presence of the latest np-w126s lithium battery.
- It comes with the incorporated ISO dial, present inside the shutter speed dial.
- The operating temperature is in range of 0 degree Celsius to 40 degree Celsius.
- This Fujifilm X100F camera showcases phase detection AF with the use of the phase detection pixels over the sensor. Compared to the previous models, the phase detection area over the sensor is enhanced by approximately 230%.
- The advanced hybrid viewfinder uniquely blends the functionalities of an optical viewfinder (OVF) and electronic viewfinder (EVF).
- You can easily switch between OVF and EVF by using the viewfinder switch lever present at the front part of the camera body.
4. Nikon COOLPIX B700 Superzoom Digital Camera:
Initially, when you use the Nikon B700 digital camera to zoom an object or scene, you will speculate whether any shot would ever be out of reach again. Its unique specialty is it subjects hardly visible scene to your naked eye with excellent clarity. Besides, the tight focus is made possible with the use of advanced Vibration Reduction technology. This digital camera’s DSLR-style design, along with a PSAM mode dial precisely positions key controls to the place you wish them. Thus, the camera would certainly feel great in your hands.
- You can capture spectacular 2-megapixel RAW images and 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) videos along with stereo sound. Furthermore, you can quickly capture five FPS high-speed sequences in all the light conditions.
- When you are busy shooting, the Nikon COOLPIX B700 camera can be easily connected to a compatible smartphone via the cutting-edge Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology. This technology helps you to share photos instantly and employs remote camera control.
- It comes with the NIKKOR Super ED 60x Optical Zoom Lens for precise focus.
- There is the inclusion of the rechargeable Li-ion battery EN-EL23.
- UHD 4K video recording is possible at 30p.
- For employing smart functionalities, it comes with Wi-Fi along with NFC & Bluetooth BLE.
5. Sony DSCHX90V/B Digital Camera:
Now you can attain sharp detail of any scene or object with the help of this compact and lightweight camera from Sony. Presented in classic black color, you can conveniently use this digital camera for casual and professional uses. The spectacular picture quality is due to the use of the low light Exmor R sensor and superior quality ZEISS lens equipped with 5-axis image stabilization. You can instantly share the captured photos and shot videos via the built-in Wi-Fi and NFC. The credit of the stunning and lifelike picture quality at the output goes to the 30x zoom functionality. In this point and shoot camera, there is a pop-up electronic viewfinder to employ eye-level framing. Besides, the selfie-lovers can use the 180° tilt screen to capture selfies at 18.2MP selfies.
- This DSCHX90V/B is packed with the retractable OLED Tru-FinderTM viewfinder.
- High-quality capturing and shooting are made possible with the use of the 30x Optical/60x Clear Image Zoom ZEISS (Trademarked) Vario-Sonnar T Lens.
- It can shot videos in MP4, XAVC S, and AVCHD formats.
- You can observe all the scenes in rich detail through the bright and high contrast, pop-up OLED Tru-Finder equipped with 638k dots resolution.
- Its electronic viewfinder realistically displays all the scenes included in the recording. This comprises the effects of camera settings. Hence, you will be able to monitor the results precisely.
- Presence of the aspherical lenses within the eyepiece optics enhances the performance and reduces size.
- With the help of a handy eye sensor, this Sony point and shoot camera automatically transit between LCD and EVF screen. In this way, it makes the operation simple.
For capturing stunning pictures and lifelike videos with excellent stability, the point and shoot cameras with viewfinder work the best. These modern point and shoot cameras are equipped with the cutting-edge technology to present high-quality results at the output.